Sunday 8 January 2012

Today's Nails - Polka dots and Florals

After this nail art inspiration post I did in November, I vowed to try some out, however ever since I did that post I have been so busy, that I just haven’t had the time. But today, having not much to do, I decided to try out a simple nail art - polka dots and flowers.

Ring - £3.50 A Wardrobe Full of Dreams Shop

Polka dots are so simple to do and always look cute with so many colour combinations but I always do polka dots on my nails and so I mixed it up a bit by drawing on little flowers on a couple of nails. 


For this I used Boots 17 Fast Finish Nail Polish in Catwalk Couture as the base colour. For the polka dots and flower details, I used my nail art pens that I bought from Ebay, which I have found to be very good for the price I paid (about £10 for 24 colours).


For the flowers I used the dark pink pen to put several large dots on the nail followed by a smaller dot in the middle with the light pink pen. I then used the dark green pen to draw on little lines to look like leaves. I know they don’t look brilliant, but for a first go I don’t think I’ve done that bad!

I hope everyone’s having a great weekend. Mine has been fairly lazy but managed to plan a few blog posts for next week.

xo Hannah xo

P.S. Don’t forget my Arty Inspired Rings are now just £3 (ending Monday 9th Jan)

5 comments:

  1. These look great! I tried this out sometime last year and I got so many compliments on them! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so good! The flowers are so well done!
    I might have to look at buying some of the pens, 24 colours you say?! That's so good! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for commenting :)

    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to read every one and it means so much that you're taking the time to read my blog :)