Friday 27 January 2012

Top 5: Current Beauty Favourites

Hi everyone. I have decided to post about some of my favourite beauty products that I am loving at the moment. I am a complete novice when it comes to make up and beauty but I have given my honest opinion on these products.



Superdrug Aloe Vera Deep Cleansing Mud Mask - £2.59

First up, is the Aloe Vera Mud Face Mask from Superdrug. There are several different types that you can buy but I bought the Aloe Vera deep cleansing one because Aloe Vera is meant to be really good for you skin, especially for sensitive skin and it has many health benefits.

I started using this product about a month ago and I really recommend it. I use it once a week and the difference it makes to my complexion is amazing – it really brightens my skins and leaves my face feeling really fresh and relaxed. It is such a bargain at just £2.59 and I think it is going to last a while because you don’t need a huge amount.

It has a slight fresh fragrance and it dries fairly quickly, making your face feel quite tight. It is really easy to wash off too.

I feel it really does do what it says and for that reason I fully recommend it to you all.


Simple Kind to Eyes Nourishing Eye Make-Up Remover Cream - £3.25

I’m a big fan of Simple skin care products because I have quite sensitive skin and find that their products really help and also because of their very reasonable prices.

This eye make up remover is a cream which is applied with a cotton wool pad after normal cleansing of the face. You only need a tiny amount of cream to get off your eye make up which means it is going to last a long time. It feels so soft and moisturising and doesn’t irritate my eyes, as some removers have done in the past.


Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer - £16.50

I have tried many concealers in my time as I suffer from dark circles under the eye and used to have quite bad blemishes on my chin. No concealers have been half as good as this Benefit one.
It’s quite expensive for the size of it and I wouldn’t normally want to pay that much for a concealer but I am so glad that I did. It is amazing at covering up my blemishes and my dark circles.

Even though it is quite a small pot, I have used it every day since September and I still have a fair bit left so even though it is fairly expensive, it does last a long time.

I bought the 02 shade which I think is the medium shade and it suits my skin tone perfectly. I find it lasts all day and it blends really well too on top of my primer.

Clinique High Impact Mascara - £16

I got this mascara as a free sample from the Clinique counter in boots when I took an old mascara in. I’ve used samples of this mascara before and absolutely love it.

Like concealers, I have used many different mascaras, usually buying a different one when one’s finished. But now I have found my ideal one! I have such dark eye lashes anyway that I don’t always apply mascara, and don’t always see a huge difference when I do. But with this mascara it really does thicken my lashes, makes me look like I have loads more and slightly curls them up without the use of eyelash curlers which is amazing.

Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer - £6.99

I had never used a primer until about September 2011 but now I would not dream of applying my make up without it. I don’t know why it took me so long to start using one!

This is the first primer that I have used but it is so perfect that I don’t think I need to try any others. The Rimmer primer states that it offers 5 in 1 results:
·        Smoothes
·        Resurfaces
·        Brightens
·        Mattifies
·        Protects

It really does do all of the above things. I have found that since using this primer my make up has stayed for a lot longer and my foundation goes on a lot easier. I have also found that it brightens my face too and as I have quite oily skin my face can sometimes look oily after a while of wearing make up but with this product it no longer does. It really matifies my skin.

I apply it to my face about 10 minutes after moisturising and then leaving it to dry/set into the skin for a further 5 or 10 minutes before apply foundation. You only need a very small amount and so the product does last a long time. It has a lovely fresh smell and a very silky feel.

Again, I have found this product to be excellent value and would definitely recommend it to everyone!

Hope everyone has had a great week and have a fun packed weekend planned!

What are your favourite beauty products?

xo Hannah xo

2 comments:

  1. I love Benefits Boi-ing!
    x George
    frecklie.blogspot.com - dont forget to enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i too love boi-ing!! and i layer it on top of the bobbi brown corrector and literally all my hideous black circles disappear!! i just wish it wouldnt crease! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to read every one and it means so much that you're taking the time to read my blog :)